Super Mario Advance 3:Yoshi's Island is an enhanced port of Yoshi's Island for the SNES and is the 5th Mario game to be released on the Game Boy Advance.
Changes From the SNES OriginalEdit
- An additional room has been added for the level 1-8 contaning one pipe that spawns Shy Guys.
- In More Monkey Madness(Extra 3) the red coin total has been changed from 21 to the usual 20.
- An extra Middle Ring has been added to 4-4(Marching Milde's Fort)
- The last room before the Boss,has been refurbished in 4-8(Hookbill the Koopa's Castle)
- All of the extra levels post-game,have been modified for this port.
- Six new levels dubbed Secret Levels were added and can be unlocked post-game.
- The Final level of the game had its name altered from Castles--Masterpiece Set to Ultimate Castle Challenge.
- The palette has been lightened to accomodate the original GBA's abundance of backlight.
- Yoshi's now have their own unique colored shoes,which take heavy inspiration from Yoshi's Story.
- The game's sountrack was downgraded to fit the GBA'S sound capabilities.
- Yoshi will now sport his own unique sounds,depending on whether you jump,flutter jump,crouch or throw an egg.
This remake recieved generally posititve reviews,selling 1.6 million copies in the US and was re-released in 2006 as a player's choice title.
Several official posters to promote the game were released.